Sunday, April 24, 2016

[DOTS FanFic] Tangible

Title:  Tangible  
Author: WinterBubbleTea  
Genre: Angsty, Joy  
Pairing: Yoo Shi Jin/Kang Mo Yeon
Character: Yoo Young Geun 
Rating: PG-13
Drama:
Descendant of the Sun
 
Summary:   He thought he would be alone.
Gif Credit: JiroMinoo




Yoo Young Geun  sat in his chair and stared at the photograph of his son and his wife.He had been reflecting on the time when General Yoon had called him in and the letter written to him with the dog tag of his son. 

The heavy heart feeling he felt when he clutches it in his hand and believing his baby boy was gone. Young Geun throat ache from his tears the last part of his love gone. His only son being taken away from him as well. 

The army was a cruel place when it comes to missions. Soldiers are less appreciated and his son gone in just a second. No news is good news was a motto of Young Geun. But that changed slowly when his wife passed away. 

The open letter in front of him. 

Father,

We as army men always have certain risk when it comes to our profession. I do not have any regrets in regards to this work that I have followed you in. I have my love of my country, the love of peace, and the standard that you have taught me of honor and integrity. 

I do regret that I couldn't keep safe, that I was unable to come back to you, and I hope you forgive me. I do want to let you know I had met someone. She is as lovely as mother was and just as strong. I wanted to introduce her to you, but since I am now gone, I apologize. 

I hope that you can look after the boys. I know they are probably sad and upset. I would have requested you to watch over Kang Mo Yeon, but since I had never introduce her to you. Perhaps, its wise not too, since I want her to forget me. To move on. She is such a strong woman, father. You would have love her because she is refreshing. 

Your Son,

Captain Yoo Shi Jin

Salute. I am going ahead.

The paper was weigh down with a paper weight and he stare into the air, already its been a year since his son was gone. However, all he could do is muster and move forward. 

Yoo Young Geun felt himself age greatly from this year until a phone call came over the phone and his heart almost gave out. "His alive! His Alive!" The voice over the phone was Sergeant Im Kwang Nam one of his son's boys. He had taken to heart to take care of those three checking up on them with phone calls. 

The regret he had of not doing with his own son, he also ensure that the boys would watch over the lady doctor, though they probably could only do visits when they were off the military grounds. 


Young Geun almost stumbles at the news and he finally realize he was crying and sprouting nonsense of thank god, and thank you...over and over again. It must of concern the boys because the three had popped up into his house one day.

Staff Sergeant Gong Chul Ho was settling with the tea tray he prepared they had been to the Yoo household many times since that year. Sergeant Choi Woo Geun was cutting up the fruit and placing on the table. All three were viewing him hopeful and worried.

Sergeant Choi said softly, "Captain Yoo made a phone call with Chief Master Sergeant Seo Dae Young." He said watching over Young Geun, "Mr. Yoo don't worry so much he will be back. The Captain took off for Albania because of Doctor Kang." 

"Both sound like they are recovering, Chief Master Sergeant Seo Dae Young went off to Uruk because of his own woman too." Sergeant Gong nods his head. "We will let them know to go see you when they are back."

Young Geun said hoarsely, "Thank you boys."

It would be a few weeks later when the familiar voice calling out, "I am home!" Came through the door.

Young Geun winces at the creaking of the wooden floor he appeared smiling. "Welcome home." 

Shi Jin hug his father, since he didn't have a mother to hug anymore. "Father." He echoes, "How are you feeling?"

"Much better once I have seen you." Young Geun glances over Shi Jin shoulder. "Do you have something to tell me?" In reality, he already knew about Shi Jin bringing along his girlfriend, even though he was retired from the military it didn't mean he didn't have his resource to keep him informed on his son, meaning the three boys. 

"Yes. Father." Shi Jin gesture and finally an image of a pretty smiling woman appeared. 

"Hello. I am Kang Mo Yeon, Mr. Yoo." Kang Mo Yeon voice was crisp and he realize whom his son was dating. It really was the woman on television, she was dressed in a nice white dress and giving him a bright glowing smile. 

Finding him smiling, Young Geun gestures and waves her in, "Come in...come in. Shi Jin you shouldn't let a beautiful woman stand outside for so long." A warm hand took his hand petting it.

"Thanks for the thought, but I am alright." Mo Yeon stated. Young Geun really like this young lady and lead her along to the living room and gesture for her to sit down. 

"Let me get the tea ready and some snacks..." Young Geun fretted. "I am sorry if the house is dusty and not as clean."

"It's alright. I understand." Mo Yeon said with a laugh, "I barely have time to be at home so it collects dust too."

Finally after a few minutes setting strawberries and apple slices with some fruit tea in front of Mo Yeon and Shi Jin. He sat straight and watches the two. They did make a lovely couple his eyes slid over his son noting the brace on his hand and wrist and eyeing the cuts on his boys body. 

"I am telling you to stay still you, pabo..." Mo Yeon frets and pressed Shi Jin back into place. "You just went through a lot and still need to eat a lot!"

"I am okay. Don't worry I survive worse." Shi Jin echoes, but turn his attention back to Young Geun. "Father. I am sorry for my delay. I had to pick up something."

"Yah!" Mo Yeon said, "I am not a parcel you, idiot."

They were quite lively and he could see how embarrassed his son is and the bickering. He was enjoying it, because it reminded him of his wife and his own relationship. He watches the two go on and on with one another and found it to be an equal match. 

"Shi Jin..." Young Geun intoned.

Immediately his son snapped and stood up straight, "Captain Yoo Shi Jin reporting!"

Exasperated, Mo Yeon jerked him back down, "Sit down!" 

"Hey! I need too." Shi Jin went on.

"Don't make you handcuff you to the floor if you don't stay put!" Mo Yeon threatens. 

Young Geun couldn't help but laugh, "Shi Jin..." He said catching the two attention. "When are you going to make Miss Kang into my daughter in law."

The two youngsters stare at him in shock. 

"Not yet?" Young Geun asked frowning, "I would happen to like having another Yoo in the family." He was lonely, even with the pups from the army, he happen want some grand children to spoil. 

"Dad!" 

Ah. It's been so long since Shi Jin called him that. He felt his muscles relax and he smiled brightly.


5 comments:

  1. Ahh you make a good story... i love this.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! You had me crying all over again, hahha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome. At least there are some back stories here haha

      Delete