Friday, February 19, 2016

[BromanceFanFic] Mother's Magic

Title: Mother's Magic
Author: WinterBubbleTea
Note: Slight Angst.
Summary: First person from Ya Na Na and her thoughts from where her life ended up.




Magic. 


Mother always did say that the coffee she brew was magic. The smell the taste would perk anyone up with gentle persuasion. My mom to me was the most beautiful woman in the world. I admire her and love her greatly but there are moments when I watch her stare into the distance and sometimes I feel I cannot reach her. 

Mother heart has always linger away when not focus on me. I can understand she didn't tell me much but watching television I can kind-of guess. The kids at school always mocked me for not having a dad. I never cared as long as I had my mother.

Until one day mother grew sick and I worried over her. Mother always knew that both of us had illnesses. When I was born I wasn't strong and always fell ill. Mother worked hard and even sold the house I had my childhood in to help pay for treatments. 

I knew of how desperate she work in coffee shops and that the company were kind enough to rent us a room near the back of the store. It wasn't a rich settling but we were still happy. I can't say it wasn't a tough existence but it was warm.

When I was five I asked mother why she like the sea. At that time was the first time we moved and mother brought us to the south portion of Taiwan. No longer near the inner part of the suburban farm lands where our original house was located at. Mother would always bend down and hug me whispering how the sea was a new world and a new beginning.

I at that time didn't realize that mother was giving me a small message. That life will simply renew and go on. I never dare ask mother about father, but I sometimes wonder if he was a merman. I guess all of those fairy tale books grab my young mind at that point of time. A imaginary father that came by sea and couldn't come anymore because he was part fish.

It was wistful thinking and I could tell whenever mother and I sat together enjoying our beverage on her break she would watch a couple with their own kid walking along with longing.

I always was my mother's baby girl. Dotted on given cuddled and hugs when I felt bad or lonely. Those moments of mothers longing all I could do was go and hug onto her distracting her. Reminding her that I was here. I never knew the fear that lingers in my mother's almond brown eyes that one day I would disappear. Life does have it's own way of messing up ones life choices.

I was safely past my nineteenth birthday a milestone in my failed history of health. Mother was over joy that in one month I would be going in for surgery they had found a donor for my bone disease. We were so happy. I would be cure and then help my mother earning money. Then one day I came in to the coffee shop mom work in to find out she was in the hospital.

I was furious. For these last few years my mother conceal how sick she was and that's when my life started to skew side ways. I was scared my belief my mother would always be there was taken down and all I saw was how frail she look. Mother of course tries to alleviate my concerns by lying but the doctor already told me.

All those plans to go on a cruise when I was better. To have mother congratulate me when a found a man to marry me. It all came to a trickled halt. I felt my heart Crack and the thought of living didn't seem as important if mother wasn't there.

After being released from the hospital my other acted like nothing had change. That everything was the same, but I was stubborn I admit it now. I couldn't believe mother would leave me and so when she tries to teach me her secrets. Guide me to make coffee I rebelled in hopes that this nightmare wouldn't be so.

The time of my surgery approached and I was scared, mother look better but I suspect her of lying most of the time. The time I went under the knife and waking I couldn't remember much. I just recall waking and seeing mother there and her taking care of me. She cook and clean while I was in the hospital and came everyday. Then I went back home and stay on bed rest. 

I felt incredibly guilty but I was happy when mother had shown me a cruise ticket she bought in advance for November of this year. I was curious as to why she purchase it so advance but she gave me a mysterious smile. Claiming a friend of hers gave her a discount if she could book it earlier and she already paid.

I never thought that three months later that mother would end up in the hospital and the tale of my father, Nan Xing Tian. Would have come up the exchange of mothers necklace to me with all her secrets of what she earned and places to contacts were given. 

However, I didn't care about this all I wanted was for her to live. Fate was cruel and on the middle of the year she passed away. The tears I cried the sadness I felt. Mother made sure at this time I was look after until funding became a issue and I started to search for a job near Taipei. I move to a small location sharing a room with a bunch other girls.

I frequent coffee shops to taste their coffee but nothing ever fit my mother's taste. I kept up a cheerful appearance going through the motion and on a recent interview I had landed a job at the amusement park. They told me to go check in for the employee packet which I would do so once I went on the cruise. It would be a final good bye to mother I thought at that time.

So the ocean I would go. I had small amount of belongings that I took on the cruise. The desk manager were kind enough to refund the one ticket that would have been my mother's and instead gave me vouchers for food and certain activities as a bonus. The boat was huge when I went there and there look to be tons of passengers. It was still midday as I wander around passed one door after another until I smelled a strong scent of coffee. Unable to resist I hurried inside because it was similar in memory of a certain blend but not exactly anything I could piece together at that time.

A figure on blue Jean denim handling a hot pot of water slowly drip droplet of water into a filter that slip further into a beaker. It smelled so divine I hurried over and sat on the stool watching the smooth movement. The man was quite handsome and he look so professional. I couldn't help myself and I felt a bubble of delight escape this feeling was different.

I suppose I was baiting the man teasing him with different words of fragrance but I couldn't help it. I wanted to see him smile. He had this air of loneliness that I felt though his was more dried up it still echo on his pale face. I begged for the coffee praising and wheeling. I suppose letting my secret that once again the sickness that I had before did come back. I had found out after fainting about two months after mothers funeral. The doctors weren't much use and at that point I wasn't sure what else I could do. Maybe in a previous life I had done something wrong? But I guess that's silly thinking. The concern from the man was touchable and the small beauty mark on his brow move to a furrow look. I guess it was mean of me to swipe his coffee. However, the coffee style was the best coffee well okay it's on the same tier as my mother.

The man left in a fit but I couldn't say much. The presence of him exiting and the room felt large and lonely once again. I really was hoping that handsome man would stay, but I guess this wasn't meant to be. During the next few days I would be staring into the view of just water and more water. I wonder if mother was happy at heaven. I never thought that later on I would find that coffee genius and that he runs a coffee house.

That later on that man named Wei Qing Yang would become a permanent fixture of my life. That I would go through one hurdle and another but come out stronger. 

Suffer heart break then having it mended and it's all thanks to my mother's magic. If she never let me taste coffee if she never bought those tickets. I would.have never met this wonderful kind hearted man. I suppose I would have never known or met my father. Even though mother ran away to heaven and became an angel. I still believe that everything was set up by her so that her precious daughter would never be alone.

But the best part besides having a rabbit for a daughter is I am pregnant with Qing Yang baby.  I suppose Dads crying fit is forgivable and perhaps Qing Yang near frozen expression. 

I can say I am very happy and it's all thanks to my mom. So mother, thank you and I love you. If it's a girl we are naming it with one letter of your name and the other of a Qing Yang mom. To honor you both! 

Now, if only these two men in my life stop hovering around me like I am about to die, everything will be perfect!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you dear Winterbubbletea for sharing your beautiful texts. This one is particularly moving.
    t0pino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T0Pino you got a lot of names HAHAHA

      I hope to make you all love Bromance more

      Delete
  2. I am touched. Great finale. NaNa starting a family with Qing Yang. Love it.

    ReplyDelete